San Francisco is the definition of vivid and tranquility. The cities oxymoron character is what makes it so unique and exciting. Whether you’re a night owl or humble wanderer, there is a place for you at this diverse destination.
When I went on my PRSSA National Conference trip to San Fran last September, I knew that I was in for a real treat. There are endless attractions for the curious traveler and I wanted to see all of them! Unfortunately, I couldn’t see everything. I had a strict schedule to abide by and was there on business, not pleasure (sad face).
Although I didn’t get to see everything, I still had a terrific time exploring the oh-so-original touristy hot spots with great friends and my iPhone.
Here is a list of places that I got to visit (and hope to see again) along with a list of things I hope to do next time I’m in town!
1. Alcatraz – I did the tour during the day, but I definitely recommend taking a night tour. Just make sure you have some sort of evil spirit repellent.
2. The Painted Ladies – I’m in love with Victorian architecture and fell much more in love when I saw the sisters in person and in perfect condition. Make sure you walk across the street to Alamo Square where you’ll get a great view of the city. Also, a perfect spot to take pictures of the ladies.
3. Full House – If you were born in the 90’s, you NEED to see this house and reminisce. It’s like if rocket power or the rugrats came to real life.. OMG.
4. Riding on a trolley – I just had to. And so do you.
5. Fisherman’s Wharf – The Wharf was a fun touristy area that’s a great place to go with friends where you can do a little shopping, watch sea lions mingle and eat some yummy seafood. Tourist madhouse.
6. Golden Gate Bridge – Why are you going to San Francisco again? Ohh yeah.
7. Lombard Street – Also know as the crookedest road in the world.
What I hope to do next time I’m in The Bay Area
1. Marin Headlands
2. Walk across the Golden Gate bridge during the day
3. Alcatraz at night
4. Sunrise at the Twin Peaks
5. Tea at the Japanese Tea Garden
6. Mission District
7. All historic cathedrals, churches, museums and parks
San Francisco, I love you!